Monday 14 July 2014

Five things that can only improve a weekend!

















Thought I’d do a little snapshot between the book reviews to make this blog more personal! I usually have my weekends on Sunday and Monday’s due to working Saturdays. This was no different and Saturday was not the best shift in the world. And last week was a bit tough. But then I have had a lovely two days off! And you can’t let one day ruin the next.

1.     Homemade iced lattes. Due to a lack of espresso powder or a barista I make them with normal, brewed coffee. I’m lucky enough to have a French press in my cupboard and some nice coffee. I just pop some ice cubes in glass, pour over some coffee after it has cooled slightly then pop the milk in. Stir it all together with a stripy straw and hey presto! Delicious, cold and caffeinated drink for these muggy afternoons!

2.     Chloe Howl. I completely adore her voice; she is so different from all the generic rubbish you hear off the radio. Everyone should be listening to “no strings” and “rumour.” 

3.     A big red jumper. I went shopping this weekend, determined to stock up on summer tops. But, habit will out as I made my way into the Joules shop in Worcester and found a magnificent red cable knit jumper on sale, reduced to £20! Finger’s crossed for snow in August.

4.     Mikhail Bulgakov. I love the Country Doctor’s Notebook! And a friend had said that The Master and Margarita is just as good, perhaps even better. As fate would have it, I found a copy in Rise, the independent record shop. Can’t go wrong with two for five-pound offer on books!

5.      Skype. More specifically, good friends on the other end of the line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin