Friday 11 July 2014

Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear


Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear

I wasn’t convinced. This book was recommended over and over on my lists on pinterest and amazon but it fell a bit flat. It felt like Winspear couldn’t quite make up her mind what to focus on. There would have been three options.
1.     The story of Maisie during the war.
2.     Maisie’s talents, the spiritual side
3.     The case itself.
Don’t get me wrong it was a clever book. The reference when the case was cracked to the approaching war (WW2) was subtle. But the case itself fell flat of being interesting. I followed it through to the end because I wanted to find out what happened but only for that reason. According to my mother (who has read them all to the most recent) it gets better and sadder. Finger’s crossed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin