Wednesday 25 June 2014

A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond

Lovely edition!


A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond

Get where I got the idea for my imaginary cat’s name? Anyone who grew up in England will understand the love and admiration from a small bear from Darkest Peru. I wonder at why I have not read this delightful book sooner!!!! I must have seen the television series when I was younger. Whether or not you have seen or read Paddington’s adventures, he is a well-known bear. And I say, read his adventures. Delightful probably isn’t a strong enough word to express my love for this book. London has accepted the fact that there is a bear wandering about the metropolis, wearing a blue duffel coat and carrying a suitcase that normally contains some food item. Mostly marmalade sandwiches. This book will excite any child’s imagination and if it doesn’t tear you from your phone, then something is seriously wrong with you. I am going to take this gem whenever I go to London and remind myself that amongst the hassled commuters and stressed out tourists, there may be a lost bear sitting on his suitcase, waiting for someone to take him home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin