Wednesday 25 June 2014

Mission Statement.


The idea of reviewing books on a blog with some witty title vaguely related to reading isn’t new. I’m painfully aware of this. But one blog can’t review all the books in the world, can it? And this one has pictures of cups of tea/coffee on. And I have a very nice selection of mugs!

I have recently finished my Master’s degree in English literature and have some idea of where I’d like my life to go. Town house in New York with a glittering career in writing. And a ginger cat called Paddington. At the moment I’m living at home and have two cats, which are awesome but not ginger. I was raised among books and literature from a mum who is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to putting books in her pupil’s hands. (Or students, if you are reading this from the great US of A) I wouldn’t have followed the path I’m on if I hadn’t picked up Catcher in the Rye or Less than Zero. I wouldn’t have had fun completing my two dissertations if I had not read anything by Frances Burney. And I would not have got through a (recent) two-month stretch of unemployment (post- postgraduate degree) if it hadn’t been for the great mind that is George R. R. Martin. I want to be a writer myself but first (and foremost) I am a reader. I hope you enjoy this blog! Let me know if there is anything you want reviews on or questions of where I got the mugs. (Mostly Cath Kidston)
 The blog title comes from the fact I’m twenty-three years old and single. And fine about the status quo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin