Wednesday 25 June 2014

The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood


The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood

"Another one?!" I hear you cry. Yep. It is so exciting to have an author that is still producing such great works, at the same as having written books that are already classics in classrooms. The Edible Woman was written in 1969, establishing Atwood as a great writer of her age (and ages beyond that!) This should be on every woman’s bookshelf. I will kick myself in the future if I ever get into a relationship that takes me away from myself. And if you have read this book, you will understand that rather untidy sentence. Part one and part three are written in first person whilst the second part is third person narration. Clichéd? Nope. Clever. It is a book that may be hard to stomach for some who are in the position of Marian, impending wedding or who relate more to the “office virgins” and are waiting to get married, not very patiently. I know this will be one book that will be on my daughter’s bookshelf before she can even walk or talk. And I can only hope that she’ll do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin